Canadian Red Cross Disaster Management Team - Volunteer Recruitment Information Night
Monday, October 7, 2019 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Acheson Fire Station
11350 274 St Acheson, Alberta
View on Google Maps
When disaster strikes, trained Canadian Red Cross Disaster Management volunteers respond. The Canadian Red Cross is seeking motivated and compassionate individuals to join its team as Disaster Management volunteers.
Residents in the tri-municipal region are invited to attend the Canadian Red Cross Volunteer Recruitment Information Night on Monday, Oct. 7, at the Acheson Fire Station. This is a free information night, however registration is required.
In partnership with the Canadian Red Cross, this event is being hosted by the City of Spruce Grove, Town of Stony Plain and Parkland County for the purpose of training local volunteers in disaster management. Canadian Red Cross volunteers may be called upon to perform emergency social services should a disaster with local impacts occur.
As a Canadian Red Cross responder, volunteers will:
- Prepare: Plan how to respond when an emergency or disaster occurs and work to marshal resources to respond effectively. Educate members of the community about the importance of being personally prepared for a disaster.
- Respond: Provide direct emergency assistance to individuals and families affected by disasters with varying degrees of impact.
- Recover: Identify the community’s unique needs after a disaster. Provide assistance to individuals and support community resiliency.
- Mitigate: Work to prevent hazards from developing into disasters and reduce the effects of disasters if they do occur.
As a Canadian Red Cross volunteer, you can expect:
- All the training you require, for free.
- To help your community in a way that directly impacts the lives of others.
- To meet other like-minded individuals.
- To further your own personal skills.
- An opportunity to grow into a leadership role.
- To become a member of the Canadian Red Cross’ worldwide family.
Acheson Fire Station
Feature Image:Postcard print.pdf